JonBenet Ramsey Notes
Primary lens through the eyes of FBI experts/ familiar with the case
- Sounds like they’ve already decided that there’s some “secret angle” to be discovered.
- Really selling the “mystery” of the story.
- Forensic investigator
- FBI investigators/consultants
- Forensic pathologist
- Forensic linguist
- Statement analyst
- Questioning the motives of the mother and her choice of words
- Hanging up on 911 dispatcher = evidence that Patsy is faking something???
- Think they hear the parents’ voices???
- I really feel like none of this would hold up in court unless they could get multiple experts to testify that they all heard the exact same pieces of dialogue.
- Never been called to testify or make a statement
- “Something wasn’t right”
- “Sounded like she said ‘ok we’ve called the police, now what’” this contradicts what they thought they heard on the phone call.
- “Sounded rehearsed”
- This memory would ABSOLUTELY be questioned. It happened 20 years ago.
- “Multiple motives”
- No specification of what this “faction” is
- $118,000 close to amount Jon Ramsey would have gotten as a bonus
- REAL EVIDENCE
- Portions of the note similar to lines from Dirty Harry and Speed
- Lots of movie posters around the Ramsey house (not necessarily these movies)
- BUT these are both really popular movies that tons of people would have seen
- “Advanced writing style”
- Mistakes made on purpose?
- Written by native english speaker
- Adult – no indication of slang – 30 or older
- “Maternal language”??? Indicating female writer
- “High risk” behavior
- Found two “practice notes” on a pad owned by Patsy Ramsey
- Pad and pen put back in their normal places
- 21.5 minutes at the least to write out the letter
- “Letter is clearly staged” – NOT NEARLY ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SAY THAT
FBI Agent Who Visited the Ramsey House on the Day of Kidnapping
- Length of the note “highly unusual”
- “Small foreign faction” unusual as it does not convey message of power
- Believes ransom note was staged and a “red herring”
- Jon Ramsey is out of police custody for an hour and a half and comes back with change in mood. Was “agitated”
- Ramsey “makes a b-line” to the basement door, “says something about finding his daughter”
- In his experience, in a staged murder, the perpetrator is almost always the person who “discovers” the body or is with the person who discovers it.
- Crime scene contamination due to putting the body on the floor of the living room that so many people had walked through
Crime Scene Reconstruction
- JonBenet’s bedroom, kitchen, basement, living room (?)
- HUGE money investment by CBS
- Need guarantee of return on investment
- Already using “his” pronouns when speaking about the perpetrator
- “Odd feeling”
- Jon called out that the body was in the basement “before turning the light on”
- Never questioned about this
- “Supposed to treat them with kid gloves” – this would NEVER work in court because it was never actually said, unless you were able to get other officers/investigators to agree.
Fleet White – Friend of the Ramseys’ who was at the crime scene
- Wrote open letter criticising the police department for not looking into Jon and Patsy
- “No cameras” – always a good sign
- Family was targeted by the media
- This would be a huge problem with any testimony from them because it would seem like they had a vendetta against the Ramseys or they were trying to save their reputation
- Spoke out about targeting as recently as 2014
- Patsy wanted “pristine” gardens
- JonBenet would jump in the leaves and say it reminded her of “times with her dad”
- Patsy “very pleasant”
- Patsy had negative reaction to OJ verdict
- “You can get away with murder in this country” (HEARSAY)
- Ok, no. A woman talking about what JonBenet said to her daughter when she wasn’t even there is not evidence. (HEARSAY WITHIN HEARSAY)
- Small lies from Patsy
- Cut off from Ramsey family
- Circle of friends told not to talk to police or reporters
- Very surprised by this
- Not told by Patsy or any of the Ramseys
- “I opened my doors up to reporters” and was then “cut off” by her friends
- Yeah, duh
- Being told not to talk to the police is definitely weird, but being asked not to talk to reporters is not unreasonable.
- Cause of death ruled asphyxiation (rope around the neck)
- Didn’t want forensic pathologist in the house
- “Maybe because i would find something”
- Struck with “perfectly rectangular” object.
- Close to death when rope was placed on her
- “Already was brain dead”
- Hands tied with “slipknot”
- Extra elements. Overcomplicated.
- “Blow to the head” caused the death
- No blood, tissue, or DNA of any kind found on flashlight
- Object may have “broken the skull and not broken the skin”
- Evidence would absolutely be necessary to show that this is common
- “Concussive impact”
- Three batteries in the flashlight making it a heavy object capable of breaking bone
- Ten year old would possess the strength necessary to break the skull of a small child with this object.
- Give interview to CNN before having formal interviews with police
- Now THIS is important
- Contradictory answers and gensures
- Didn’t give formal interviews with the police until four months after the murder.